Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Scribbled



From notes on my phone ::

Ever listened to a conversation between two strangers and realised that you have uttered those same words to someone before too? Two, three, five, fifty, infinite combinations of strangers having infinite combinations of repeated conversations.

The same thoughts, the same words, the same expressions of delight, the same disdain, the same judgement.

Our minds are unique and form part of "who we are" yet your observations and realisations may just be, and probably often are, the same ones that thousands before you and thousands after you will have. Without even speaking to these strangers we have common thought patterns and processes; without even knowing these strangers we share reactions and observational dialogue.

Just a little thought about how intrinsically similar we all are as humans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Hello again x

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. This is why i love your blog! great idea to make notes on your phone when you're inspired or had a thought, although my phone notes read very differently! lol your posts are always so insightful! Wonderful post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is comforting in a way, isn't it?
    My favourite thing is listening to people talking to their parents or partners on the commuter train home. The train is always, ALWAYS silent as anything and can be quite isolating so hearing someone tell their Mum about weekend plans is just lovely!
    www.thesnugblog.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scribble,
    I like sharing the moments with strangers on trains until they start talking loud on their phones and not caring about me so wanting to enjoy the tranquillity and the scenery deep in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Beeta, i do so love your words - but you knew that already. Do get on and write a book so i can come to London to your launch party!!! Sending lots of love to you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it quite comforting that I'm not the only one...
    I also find it bloody brilliant that you and your words are back.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that I really like your blog. So I nominated you for the versatile blogger award!

    http://www.inmypairofshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete