Friday, February 08, 2013

Words and hot drinks

This week has flown by so I must have been having fun! At the beginning of the week I was in the east of the country visiting an old housemate (more on that in a future post - it also involves the completion of a February resolution...) so I am taking today as a much needed rest, recovery and relaxation day (I might coin that as RRR). When I started updating my blog regularly last year, I aimed to share one lovely thing each day in order to appreciate the little things in life. I have seen a little plaque which has the extremely accurate and wonderful quotation below on it. I ought to get one to encourage maintaining perspective. Very important.

These posts probably fizzled out as I started to get out and about a bit more and had to do my uni exams etc which is a shame because I suppose it reflects that it is all too easy to get caught up in the speed of life to stop and appreciate things. Oops.

Today I am appreciating the peace and quiet in having the house to myself for the day. I have spent the morning after getting back from the clinic drinking green tea (with mango and lychee - pretty yum) and hot chocolate, eating dried fruit, speaking to a friend I had been meaning to catch up with and reading The Guardian on my iPad. Pretty perfect morning if you ask me!

Hope you are all having a relaxing Friday too :)





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love this quote - its so true! Making the effort to notice the little things definitely makes me happier!

    ReplyDelete