Saturday, January 05, 2013

Saturday's Dry(athlon) Update

Thanks to your kind donations, Team 'If Carlsberg Did Fundraising...' has raised over 70% of its overall fundraising target already. I have also reached my personal target of £50 so thank you very much for your donations. They are going to a great place.

Avoiding alcohol has been heavily aided this week by falling ill and not actually being able to leave the house but I did turn down a glass of fancy red wine at dinner the other night. You know, the nice stuff that grown ups drink.

In other news... I read a bizarre article on BBC News which contained the following quotation but lacked any mockery surrounding it (that's truly dedicated unbiased reporting for you there) - "It's tough to find out who's responsible for the action as the cat doesn't speak."  - Wise words from the man who arrested a cat for attempting to smuggle luxuries such as drills into a prison... Made me laugh anyhow! 

Today, in my unproductive state, I have also:
- watched a great episode of "Don't Tell the Bride" which featured our beloved Cheam Village <3 Ironically, the main bit in Cheam was at the bride dress shop, which looks ever so cute, historic and lovely when sitting at the 213 bus stop but from which the chosen dress was a disaster. Might not go there for mine as I planned I would do aged 13. 

Loveeeee this. (not from the show) Source: weheartit.com


- watched the final episode of BBC 3's "Him & Her" - "The Proposal" - which exceeded expectations given that I have not enjoyed this series as much as previous ones. It has been getting a little too disgusting, which I suppose is the beauty of the show really in some ways. But yes, this was the best episode of series 3 in my opinion and almost brought tears to my eyes, something which the show has never done before. Nicely done. Russell Tovey is also a phenomenal actor.

Source: Guardian website
- eaten half a tub of Ben & Jerry's and whilst I did so, could only think of back in the day when Emily would rush over with a tub of Phish Food and the Moulin Rouge DVD each time I'd "had my heart broken". Ha. Man up 15-year-old Beeta. Having said that, ice cream does make everything better and I am feeling less ill as a result. Win win win. 


- taught my Mum about sloths. Did you know they can sleep for 20 hours a day, eat leaves and fruit and only go to the toilet once a week? Ridiculous.

Source: weheartit.com
- discovered many new blogs thanks to "The Totally Awesome Blog Hop". Wonderful.

Think I am going mad.



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, the Olsen twins were beyond adorable when they were little. And smart too: because ice cream is super important!*smile*
    Kisses and hugs from your latest subbie!
    Love, Andreea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete