Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Liebster Award

I have very kindly been nominated for a Liebster Award by Charis from charismagick.com. I've not really come across this before as I don't really know too much about the blogging world but still this seems thoughtful and well, it is just nice because I know at least one person is reading my blog!

The way it works is that I answer 11 questions posed by Charis so that everybody (/the one person reading...) gets to know a little bit more about the brains(?) behind the blog and also as a way to find new little blogs as I then nominate another 11 blogs. The one criterion that must be met is that the blogs nominated have fewer than 300 followers so this is great for little blogs to get more exposure. Although 300 followers is actually quite a lot... But anyway, more exposure means more interaction and more interaction means, well, that's that whole point of writing, right?

Anyway, without further ado, here are my answers to the questions posed:

1. What is your favourite book and why?
I read "The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenger a few years ago and literally couldn't put it down. For me to finish a book in a few days is always an excellent sign that I've enjoyed it as I usually get bored and start another. I am also a fan of the Harry Potter series but that sort of goes without saying. My two favourite classics are George Orwell's "1984" and William Golding's "Lord of the Flies". I love a good allegory.
2. Which season is your favourite?
Summer, because it gives everyone a shiny, happy look on their face.
3. What is your favourite TV show?
I don't think I have a constant favourite but I have been enjoying "Revenge" (I love that I thought it was going to be the most predictable thing ever but it is actually the complete opposite) and "Modern Family" (the script for this is incredible) and always like watching "Outnumbered". Karen is the best character ever ever ever.
4. Which craft do you enjoy the most?
I would have previously said writing but in recent months I tried a few things out and one of these was painting. Turns out I absolutely love it so I would probably say painting now.
5. Where is the best place you've ever been on holiday?
I loved Croatia a few summers back and loved Edinburgh last weekend so maybe one of those two.
6. What is your most over-used word?
I have picked up "flipping" from Mike which I think is an excellent word.
7. Describe your everyday fashion style?
Pretty weird on some days and pretty standard on others.
8. What is your favourite recipe?
Well my favourite meal is shepherd's pie so perhaps a good recipe for that. And I love baking marble cake.
9. What is your favourite movie?
Recently I really enjoyed "The Help" and all time favourites include "The Notebook", "Moulin Rouge" and "Romeo and Juliet". Baz Luhrmann is amazing.
10. What makes you happy?
When things are going smoothly. Whatever those things are.
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
I tried haggis last weekend. That is pretty weird. And a fried mars bar which is pretty incredible.

I don't want to nominate people just for the sake of fulfilling a quota so here are a few links which I enjoy regularly:
. Annie
. Bhavi
. Kieron (who also kindly advertised my blog this month, thanks!)
. Vicki
. Cat
. Vic
. Kathy
. Alice
. Bess

And my questions for those willing to participate are as follows: (no pressure to join in whatsoever)
1. Which three things would you rescue from your burning house?
2. What kind of music do you like?
3. What would you do with £1 million?
4. Where is your favourite place and why?
5. Do you know any languages other than English?
6. Would you rather have the arms of an octopus or the pincers of a crab?
7. Feminism still has a place in today's society. Discuss.
8. Do you have a life motto?
9. Where have you had your best meal?
10. What are your main hobbies?
11. Who do you admire and why?

Always nice to learn new things so feel free to play if you like and thanks to Charis for getting me involved :)


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you lovely!! I have duly joined in, post on it is now up on my blog!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the little lions are cute

    xxx Zari
    http://le-style-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big, hearty CONGRATS to you! And a massive thank you to you for nominating me for this! I'm not blogging too regularly at the moment so it may not go up for a while, but I will get round to doing a post in receipt of this. I must say I do love the questions you've put together!

    Lots of sexy blogger love! Xx

    ReplyDelete