Sunday, October 06, 2013

Sunday Roundup

Found on Pinterest. Originally here

This week, I have been...

Reading: "Living Dolls - The Return of Sexism" by Natasha Walker. I'm on Chapter 2 and the stuff it talks about riles me up already. I think I'll feel pretty angry by the end of the book but it is certainly eye-opening. I love that I have finally found people and writing that echo the thoughts I've been having for so many years but didn't realise were perfectly legitimate opinions which were only belittled by the disgrace of societal norms.

Watching: Modern Family and this wonderful interview with Caitlin Moran.

Listening to: Daughter (I think they have featured in most of my recent Sunday posts actually...I urge you to have a listen)

Cooking: homemade chickpea burgers

Drinking: peppermint tea by the MugTheSizeOfMyHead-ful.

Learning: how to calculate income tax and trading profit. I'm not going to lie - I entered my Tax class the other day with a 50-75% chance I was going to cry...(Maths?! Done by lawyers?! Whatttt?!) but the good news is that I didn't and I think I have almost got my head around it now! For some reason, I equate not being able to do these calculations with me being stupid; the last thing that made me feel that way was Chemistry lessons during AS Levels, when I actually would cry after most lessons because I just didn't get it. I wonder whether that's the doing of the pressure experienced at a grammar school. 

Wishing: I felt in control of things. Much like how I'd imagine the lady in the picture above feels. I love how strong she looks.

What are you wishing for these days?
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog thanks to lbloggers and I love it. You are such a wonderful blogger! Instant follow ;) x

    ReplyDelete