Thursday, April 17, 2014

Paris // L'as du Fallafel


Wandering around Parisian streets with a bundle of THIS in my hand and learning from A about the Jewish quarter was quite possibly my favourite part of the trip. The deliciousness you see above was a L'as du Fallafel creation, dubbed by the New York Times as "the falafel destination in Europe". 




I like chickpeas just as much as everyone else, but I'd never really tried falafel before and remembered it. That makes it sound like I've only ever eaten it on hazily-recollected nights, but what I mean is that if I've ever eaten if before, I can't remember. It just can't have been that good. However, served out of a window and subject to creative adjustments, the falafel here is not only memorable, but also simply delicious.



Mine featured shawarma kebab whereas A opted for the vegetarian option. They were bloomin' marvellous and I would eat one every day if I could!



Obviously walking around wearing the lightest coloured clothing was the perfect equation for making a salsa and aubergine related mess, so we headed to some gardens a few streets away to sit in the sunshine and attempt to eat these gracefully. By the time we perched ourselves by a chess table (why on earth do we not have these in London?!) I had devoured most of mine anyway (completely stain free I might add) and we pondered whether we had room for dessert (answer: always.)

Marks out of ten = 9. A point being docked only for having more pieces of aubergine than falafel itself. 

The Jewish Quarter is, by the way, awesome. 

Now, what I would like to know is (a) falafel or hummus? and (b) do I get a prize for the lack of spillage?

Address: 32-34 Rue des Rosiers, 75004 Paris

--------

Challenge Eight of the 2014 Blogger Challenge is an outfit post. I think sharing this outfit (H&M, Zara, New Look, Longchamp combination) should suffice! 

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. omgggggaahh bet that tasted so good! I love your outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went here!! It's amazing isn't it....mmmm making me hungry looking at those glorious photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) this looks awesomely yummy and B) you look amazingly beautiful!

    Trying to persuade the boy to take me to Paris for my, ahem, 21-again birthday NEXT November (2015, to clarify!) and I'm hoping the fab-sounding Jewish Quarter will tilt the trip idea in my favour ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:08 am

    I'm so hungry now! Fab pictures :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:36 pm

    I'm glad you didn't spill it on yourself! If that was me, it would be everywhere and I mean that, probably even on my wheelchair! Lol! It looks so good! What was on it? By the way you look so pretty (if that's you) :DD

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do indeed get a prize for no spillage, another mahooosive falafel! You're welcome.
    Good falafel really is delicious, I had a sweet potato version recently which was scrumdiddlyumptious.
    And you look fabulous.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm! MMMM! I LOVE falafels!! It is my favourite thing to take in a sandwich actually. Falafel, grated carrot, rocket, cucumber and lots of houmous all crammed into a warm wholemeal pitta bread MMMMM!!! You also look lovely and deserve serious respect for remaining spill-free. That would be ALL over my cheeks and down most of my top if that was me :-S

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazingggg! Lots of fresh veggies :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg that food looks amazing! I Love paris! My fav place on earth! :) Love your outfit too so comfy and smart x
    Sophie Jenner
    x

    ReplyDelete