Saturday, July 19, 2014

52 Lists // Twenty-nine


The word "favourite" is something I really associate with my childhood. I have countless notebooks filled with lists of my "favourite" things, updated monthly, yearly, whenever I wanted to record a change (or lack of) in my life. Almost like my taking stock posts, I suppose. Anyway, what this association has meant for this list is that I've reverted back to naming books that I probably mentioned on some of these lists from however many years ago, such as "Kensuke's Kingdom" and "Noughts and Crosses". I think this was partly inspired by Jess' post on books which changed her. I think "Noughts and Crosses" is definitely a book that falls into that category - all about equality and love - or at least something that reflects themes that feature strongly in my life these days. Ultimately, my favourite books aren't necessarily ones I have read many times over, rather those that I could turn to at any point and read over and over and extract the same personal meaning and movement as the first time.

What are your favourite books, why and how long ago did you read them?

-----------------

This is List #29 in the 52 Lists project, hosted by Emma.

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I love the Time Traveler's Wife, such a beautiful story. When I was a kid my favourite books were anything by Enid Blyton, the books about The Faraway Tree whilst I was little and the Famous Five & the Secret Seven as I got older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the Noughts and Crosses series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And soon to include Everyday Sexism :)
    Also I think I would find this list impossible..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Time Traveller's Wife, and my favourite is Eat Pray Love - such an inspirational book I keep coming back to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey twinny! enjoying your posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww out of all of the books you've listed, I've only read part of the Harry Potter series! (watch all of the movies though haha) I feel like I used to read sooo much when I was younger, but then school kicked up a notch and I think I just ran out of time to read as many books as I used to... I'm trying to get back into reading a bit more though - there's just so many to choose from! Gotta spend some time in the library to have a good look around :)

    Cat ♥ Cachoo Joo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read quite a few of the ones you listed. Just about to start 1984 and I'm hoping I enjoy it - the book is longer than I thought it was!

    The Harry Potter series is definitely on my list of favourites. I haven't read them since the last film came out, and I've been wanting to but with so many new books on my to-read list I just haven't had the time! Another favourite is The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. I just love the innocence of the boys and how we're shown the horrors that happened. Although it's really sad, I think the ending worked well. I think it really made the message sink in.

    ReplyDelete