Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Roundup

Found here via Pinterest
This week I have been:

Buying: books. I annoyed myself by forgetting some paperwork when I visited the hospital earlier this week which meant that I had to make the hour round trip again later in the day. To cheer myself up, I popped into a charity shop on my walk home where they were doing a deal on their books - 4 for £1.99. So naturally I picked up eight and carried them home in my arms like my many paper babies. It was such a treat and I am chuffed that I picked up so many good titles including....Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling, White Teeth by Zadie Smith and Any Human Heart by William Boyd (the TV series of this was magnificent). All in excellent condition as well I might add.

Reading: The Hobbit which I also picked up in my spree. I've never read this before but my two BFs (boyfriend and best friend) love these books so I thought I'd see what the fuss is all about.

Practising: advocacy. I had my advocacy mock this week and after the way the practice had gone the week before, I was worried it was going to be just as awful. I'm pleased to report it was a million times better, I passed and now feel confident for the real thing which is in a month. Moral of the story - mocks exist for a reason.

Listening: to London Grammar (well obviously), Florence and the Machine and the Arctic Monkeys.

Spending: time with my best friends in the whole wide world <3 <3

Eating: Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut and the world's best chocolate and vanilla cheesecake. You lucky Instragram followers will have seen...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They were meant to give me energy to keep going with my uni work but knocked me out instead and fell asleep uninterrupted the whole night through. Think I found the cure for sleeplessness guys...

I may be a little absent next week for reasons I will reveal in due course but keep happy and strong everyone. I'm a big advocate of what Ovid's said up there xxxx

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. congratulations on the mock going well, even the word advocacy sends chills down my spine (public speaking, eeeugh!) so glad to hear it went well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two best friends are ALL about London Grammar at the moment! I must check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many good things about London Grammar! Must go on youtube soon!

    Laura xox
    http://www.lthornberry.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arctic Monkeys! Ugh great music <3
    Chamomile Dealer

    ReplyDelete